Dr. Christopher Petty, MD, FACS
Dr. Petty received his medical degree from the University of Utah Medical School. There, he was honored with the James A. Bush Memorial Research Award for exceptionally original and thoughtful contributions to medical research. He went on to complete his general surgery residency nearby at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle. Dr. Petty then relocated to the University of Texas, Houston where he completed his Fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery.
In addition to diagnosis, medical management and surgical treatment of colon and rectal disease, Dr. Petty performs all aspects of General Surgery. He is board certified by both the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
I love being a surgeon. Medicine is a profession where I know I can help and get my patients to a better place in their lives. This is something I truly enjoy.
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Anorectal Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Laparoscopic and open
- Hernia repairs
- Undergraduate education Colorado College
- Medical school University of Utah Medical School
- General surgery Residency Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Surgery fellowship University of Texas-Houston, Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Board Certified
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgeons