Dr. Anthony Kim, MD, FACS
Dr. C. Anthony Kim is a board-certified general surgeon with training and expertise in minimally invasive surgical procedures. He has a special interest in anti-reflux surgery for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), hernia repairs, gallbladder disease, thyroid disease, colon disease and other minimally invasive surgical procedures.
I have lived in Puyallup and provided surgical care for the community since 1999. With deep roots and connections here, I strive to provide exceptional care and bring about advanced procedures and techniques, so our valued residents don’t have to travel out of our great town to receive them.
I always try to walk hand-in-hand with the patient in tackling their illness, giving straightforward information and honest answers, so that the patient can choose the treatment plan that best suits them. If I’m asked to decide that plan for the patient, my overriding philosophy is, ‘what would I do if this were my own family member?
- Anti-reflux surgery for gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Hernia repairs
- Gallbladder disease
- Thyroid disease
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Reflux disease
- Endocrine/Thyroid disease
- Undergraduate education University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Medical school University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- General surgery residency at Emory University Hospitals (Atlanta, GA)
- Surgery fellowship Emory University Hospitals Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- My Family
- My Church
- Our Children
- Anything Tar Heel
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)