Dr. Gabriela Vargas
MD, MS, FACS, FASCRS
Dr. Vargas earned her Medical and Bachelor of Science degrees from the University of Utah and the University of Utah School of Medicine. She completed a general surgery residency at the University of Utah and a Colon & Rectal Surgery Fellowship at Louisiana State University-Shreveport. Dr. Vargas holds a Graduate Degree in Clinical Sciences from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, where she also completed a research fellowship. She is a fellow member of the American College of Surgeons and a candidate member of The American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons.
Away from our practice, Dr. Vargas enjoys reading, hiking, skiing/snowboarding, backpacking, traveling, and spending time with her husband and pets.
I aim to build relationships that empower my patients to be active participants in their health, and health care. I do this by providing patients with educational information about their condition, and making recommendations based on their unique circumstances, so they can feel confident in their health care decisions.
- Colorectal Surgery
- Undergraduate Education, University of Utah, UT
- Graduate Degree in Clinical Sciences & research Fellowship, University of Texas, TX
- Medical School, University of Utah, UT
- General Surgery Residency, University of Utah, UT
- Fellowship, Louisiana State University, LA
- American Board of Surgery
- backpacking & traveling
- spending time with her husband and pets
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society Colon & Rectal Surgeons