Dr. Gabriela Vargas, MD, MS, FACS
Dr. Vargas earned her Medical and Bachelor of Science degrees from the University of Utah and the University of Utah School of Medicine. She completed a general surgery residency at the University of Utah and a Colon & Rectal Surgery Fellowship at Louisiana State University-Shreveport. Dr. Vargas holds a Graduate Degree in Clinical Sciences from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, where she also completed a research fellowship. She is a fellow member of the American College of Surgeons and a candidate member of The American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons.
Away from our practice, Dr. Vargas enjoys reading, hiking, skiing/snowboarding, backpacking, traveling, and spending time with her husband and pets.
I aim to build a relationships that empower my patients to be active participants in their health, and health care. I do this by providing patients with educational information about their condition, and making recommendations based on their unique circumstances, so they can feel confident in their health care decisions.
- Colorectal Surgery
- Undergraduate Education, University of Utah, UT
- Graduate Degree in Clinical Sciences & research Fellowship, University of Texas, TX
- Medical School, University of Utah, UT
- General Surgery Residency, University of Utah, UT
- Fellowship, Louisiana State University, LA
- American Board of Surgery
- backpacking & traveling
- spending time with her husband and pets
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society Colon & Rectal Surgeons