Incontinence and overactive bladder can restrict what you do. We would like to help you get back to living a life filled with the activities you love.
About a third of Americans suffer from incontinence, but precise numbers are not available because many people are uncomfortable talking about the subject. With advances in medical techniques and technology, Puyallup Surgical Consultants is able to offer you more treatments for incontinence and overactive bladder than ever before.
InterStim Treatment for Incontinence
If you are experiencing incontinence, and medication has not resolved your symptoms, InterStim might be a good option for you. Interstim is used to improve bladder or bowel control.
InterStim has a track record of success
InterStim is an implantable device slightly larger than a quarter. It is placed near the sacrum or tailbone area to stimulate the nerves that help control bladder or bowel function.
- InterStim is FDA approved. It is safe and effective.
- 85% of InterStim patients report success in the first year of use.
- The success rate for InterStim is three-times greater than treatment with traditional medicines for incontinence.
- Our Puyallup surgical urologists are trained by Medtronic to place the InterStim device to let you see if it works for you before the device is placed
InterStim can be placed during an outpatient surgical procedure; most patients return to work within a few days.
- Nearly a quarter-million patients have resolved incontinence symptoms with InterStim.