Puyallup Surgical Consultants Offers Telemedicine Option for Care
Virtual visits are now available with all of our Puyallup surgeons.
Your health and safety are our highest priority. As surgical care providers we understand that access to care is essential. To navigate the Covid-19 situation safely and provide you with great healthcare we have established telemedicine portals for virtual medical visits, IM Your Doc and Doxy.me
Through the IM Your Doc digital application you and your doctor can have a two-way video conversation. The IM Your Doc app works on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. It uses video and audio technology already in place on your device. You can have your virtual appointment from anywhere as long as there is an Internet connection.
How to Set Up a Virtual Visit with Puyallup Surgical Consultants
- Give us a call to schedule your visit. For general surgery please call 253-841-9640. For an appointment with a urologist please call 253-840-4994.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, our staff will initiate the creation of your IM Your Doc account. This allows our doctor and you to be in direct contact at the time of your appointment.
- You will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to complete your account set up from the IM Your Doc app. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, check your junk or spam mail folders.
- Please install the IM Your Doc app before your visit. This can be done on your smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer. If you need support with set up, please contact the IM Your Doc Help Desk online or call 1-800-409-8078.
- Our staff will check in with you 24 to 48 hours before your visit to confirm that you were able to set up your IM Your Doc account.
How to Set Up a Virtual Visit with Puyallup Surgical Consultants Using Doxy.me
At your appointment time, you will receive a text that includes a URL for your provider’s virtual waiting room. Click on the link and it will open in your browser and you’ll be greeted by your doctor
What to Expect From Your Virtual Visit with Puyallup Surgeons
At the time of your appointment, your doctor will call you using the app. You and the doctor will have a secure, HIPPA compliant video call. Via the IM Your Doc app, you are able to show the doctor affected areas of your body if necessary.
It is possible your doctor could ask for photos to document your medical needs. If so, please follow your doctor's orders and text the photos through the IM Your Doc application portal.
Your doctor will tell you if follow up communication and visits are necessary. If so, the follow up communication can happen through in app texting, and by scheduling your next appointment by calling our office.